Ask The Experts: Housing to Provide Strong Boost to US Economy
Stephanie Sutton, Product Manager for US & Global Equities at Fidelity Worldwide Investment, shares with Fundsupermart her outlook for the US equity market.
What is the outlook for US equities for the rest of the year?
- Though US equity markets have seen strong rallies since the start of the year, further upside is expected due to strong positive trends
- Corporations are in good health with strong balance sheets
- Expects more dividends to be paid out, buy backs, and some merger and acquisition activities
What will be the major drivers of performance of US equities in 2012?
- Bottoming of housing market
- Improving labour market
- Stronger retail sales
Conversely, are there any indicators or trends you are watching out for which may detract from performance in the US equity markets?
- High level of indebtedness of government
- European sovereign debt crisis
What are your views with regards to the much talked about housing sector, and do you think it has finally hit a bottom?
- Housing has hit a bottom and the team has been positive on the housing market since end 2011
- Housing starts have been depressed and have picked up since
- Housing market will provide a strong boost to the economy
Do you foresee the November presidential elections having an impact on the US equity markets?
- Some volatility expected during major events leading up to the elections
- A Republican win will be extremely positive for the market due to strong pro-growth policies
- A win for the Democrats will also be positive since markets will know what to expect
All materials and contents found in this Site are strictly for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, or solicitation, to deal in any of the funds or products found in this Site. While iFAST Financial Pte Ltd ("IFPL") has tried to provide accurate and timely information, there may be inadvertent delays, omissions, technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors. Any opinion or estimate contained in this Site is made on a general basis and neither IFPL nor any of its servants or agents have given any consideration to nor have they or any of them made any investigation of the investment objective, financial situation or particular need of any user or reader, any specific person or group of persons. You should consider carefully if the products you are going to purchase into are suitable for your investment objective, investment experience, risk tolerance and other personal circumstances. If you are uncertain about the suitability of the investment product, please seek advice from a financial adviser, before making a decision to purchase the investment product. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The value of the unit trusts and the income from them may fall as well as rise. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. Please read our
in the website.
||13 April 2012
||Ask The Experts: Housing to Provide Strong Boost to US Economy